Very very glad that the revamp operation of this two stories BH is done.
The owner claimed that this BH was not even completed by the contactor/consultant.
It was left somewhat hanging with no sound system installed, bright and full of bats.
I was given the task to reactivate it.
After a short visit to view what was wrong I wrote a complete report on what can be done to salvage the BH.
I took 14 long days to finish the BH.
The following scope of works was implemented:
1) Opened a new entrance hole on the wall of the BH. The old entrance hole which was on the roof was sealed.
2) Installed a hexagonal tweeter right above the new entrance hole.
3) Also added two mini bazooka at the side of the BH wall closed to the new entrance hole.
4) Opened a hole (LAL) to allow those birds to fly down to the lower floor. The BH was designed without any LAL but supposed to use the staircase.
5) Added extra 600 feet of nesting planks. Mainly to reduce those gaps.
6) The top floor now has a VIP room at the back.
7) The light from the main entrance hole is blocked with the erection of a room with a door leading those wild birds to fly above the LAL hole.
8) The LAL areas is with a room too mainly to minimize bright light from polluting the entrance hole on the top floor.
9) The ground floor added a number of partitions to create two VIP rooms and the data room.
10) Installed about 250 internal sound tweeters.
11) Every inch of the nesting planks was cleaned with salt water spiked with Tenali vinegar.
12) A bout 400 fake nests were installed to act as bait to attract those new visitors to the BH.
13) The sound system now is with three sounds. Two external and one internal.
14) The roof was covered with a new layer of cladded zinc roof. The BH now is cooler and more attractive to any bird that entered.
15) The BH humidity now is perfect. First I have installed a proper water storage tank with proper piping.
16) Both floors are served by a 25 nozzles mist pump.
17) The top floor now is with three chicken coop humidifiers activated by the use of an auto sensor humidistat to control the humidity.
18) Removed nearly 2 tons of rubbish from the BH.
19) Removed or kill nearly all those bats that were staying in the BH.
20) Sprinckle with ants powder to kill lots of ants inside and outside.
21) Burned all waste items so that they will not be breeding rats, termites and ants.
22) Added about 22 new ventilation holes. Drill the walls and insert those 4" diameter PVC pipe and inserted with elbows and extension pipes.
What a task and now once put into operation I hope those swiftlet do know how to appreciate all the works I have done with the help of my staff.
Dear God Please Bless this BH.