Search This Blog

Thursday, August 27, 2015

A BH With More Then 1000 Birds However With Only 250 Nests !!!



How can it be?

During my first meeting with this BH owner I was informed about the problem.

What I did was to provide my prediction.

"I think your BH is too bright.  What I meant is that the nesting room is too bright"  I told him.

The moment I mentioned the brightness issue he seems to nod his head which indicate that he agrees with my prediction.

He quickly invite me to take a good look and explain how to minimize those bright light.

Well that was not all.

He seems to face the nests distribution problems too.

Most of the 250 nests were on the top floor while the middle floor was with about 30 nests while the ground floor was nearly empty.

Usually when most of your nests are on the top most floor, they can be due to a few reasons.

1) Your main entrance hole faces west.  Those birds choose to nest nearer to the entrance hole areas.  Main reason being they need the morning light to guide them out of the BH as early as possible.  Staying downstairs or too far from the main entrance hole will cause them to go out late.  When this happened they will be starving and worst is not to collect enough food for their siblings.

2) One more possible reason is they don't know how to fly downstairs.  If your BH Lubang Antara Lantai (LAL) are wrongly located these birds will surely have a hard time to find it.

3) In addition to the no 2) if your location is proper (the highest traffic) they will not go down if there are not enough external sound tweeters installed to pull those new birds downwards.


Well the moment I entered I was dead right.

All the three predictions were on the "Dot".

I could not say anymore since they were all right.

I wrote a long report for him to study and perhaps revamp his BH to all my recommendations.

He was very grateful and promised to carry out those recommendations in stages.

Since his BH was not very far for the Machang BH, I might allocate some of my time to drop by at his BH during my next visiti.

No comments: