Search This Blog

Monday, January 16, 2017

Masai BH: Truely Amazing To See Them Returning Home To Roost !!!



They started to return home almost at 7:30 pm.

During the 5 days they were no where to be seen during day time except on a Thursday when the sky was with black clouds.

Initially I was not very convinced that there were about 600 plus birds inside this BH.

The only signs were those nests and nest markings on the nesting planks plus the fresh bird shits.

The owner cleaned the old shit and carried out some harvesting works just before I came to carry out the revamp operation.

On the second everning I waited for them to return.

I was hoping to see them just after the evening prayers call (7:15 pm)but nothing happen for about 15 minutes.

They started to show up and became heavy until 7:40 pm.

Once the clock hit 7:45 the number of birds started to trickle.

The number of birds was around 500-700.

I am hoping that the reduction of the LMB will attract more birds to join the crowd during every evening when the crowd ques to enter the hole.

This action I called it as bird's pulling birds.

Need to monitor this BH progress on a regular basis.




No comments: