Search This Blog

Saturday, August 29, 2015

This BH Can Get More Nests If The Owner Follow My Recommendations !!!


(This BH is too BARE)

After my recent inspection I set down with the BH owner and told him what his BH is lacking.

1) He need to improve his knowledge about swiftlet farming.  He cannot depend too much on luck.  He was very lucky to have stumbled onto me and my blog.  He was also lucky that I came to Machang, Kelantan.

2) His sound collection is almost none.  Never thought about starting a sound collection.  Both his current internal and external were the same from the day when his BH starts its operation.  I encouraged him to collect at least 5-6 good external sounds and 3-4 good internal sounds.

3) I encouraged him to choose a target so that he can gauge his BH performances.  Currently his BH has about 250 nests.  He should target about 500 nests within the next 12 months after revamping his BH.  Remember he already have 1000 birds staying.

4) I told him that once the 500 nests target is completed his BH will or should be on a auto cruise mode.  What I meant was that he will no longer need to focus on getting young birds from his neighbors BHs anymore.  All he need to do from then on is to focus on how to induce those young birds that were raised inside his BH to return.

5) One area of concern was his harvesting technique.  He showed me the frequencies that he conducted nests harvesting and how many he plucked every time.  I told him that he need to reduce the frequencies to allow healthier growth.  He should not continue the old method but follow my recommendations.

6) He lack ideas on how to improve his BH nests quality.  Every harvest that he conducted the odd shape nests (90* and 135*) were way to high (above 70%).  He have no idea on how to improve his BH nest quality.  Nil and never crossed his mind on it.

7) I explained to him that if he continue with his current harvesting method, his nests quality will be very low and his income will be affected.  I proposed to him to set a target.  Right now the odd shape is 70% and above, but his target is to push it to about 15-20%.  Frankly speaking he was dumbfounded when I told him about this idea.  He was clueless and think that I was crazy.

8) I sat down to explain point by point how to improve his nests quality using either those plates and/or plastic chains.

9) I draw his attention on how poor is his monkey house area.  The number of external sound tweeters were too little.  He only installed two mini bazookas and one horn tweeters.  Where is your hexagonal tweeter?  What is that Pak Harry?

10) My recommendations on how to improve his external sound system were laid down one by one and I guaranteed that if he follow what was laid 100 he will see more birds above his monkey house roof.

11) I tackled his nesting rooms brightly problem with ease.  Told him to erect a few walls with a properly sized doors.  Each door to be installed with the right number of external sound tweeters.  Again he was amazed with my very simple solution.

There were a few more items that I told him but I think it will be too much for you all to chew.

If you think your BH is in a kind of problems, please call me at 017 7551318.

My frank intention is to help you with your BH problem.

Just talk to me and let me explain how I can be of help.

Have a good day and thanks God for every morning that you open your eyes.


No comments: