Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Lukut BH: Finally The Two Owners Decided To Go Ahead With The Proposed Revamp Operation !!!



The Lukut BH owners called me to meet them this evening August 19th 2015.

I was away in Sungai Patani and decided to accept their invitation.

We met in Bangsar and discussed on a few important things.

I tried to convince on of the owner since the other have not objection in going ahead.

My ideas for him to consider are as follows:

1) His BH right now is facing a nest stagnant syndrome.  This have something to do with the BH condition especially internal fixtures and darkness.

2) If both of them stay put with the BH there is a very slim chance of increasing its nests.

3) What they need to do is to revamp their BH and follow all those recommendations which I have made in my visit report.

4) If they know how to do themselves they should proceed with all the recommendations and I am sure there will some nests improvement.

5) However if they cannot get the right people to revamp I offered my services.

6) They key now is to push the total nest up to 300 nests (at least).  What I was steering at was to get their BH in a auto cruise mode.  Yes at 300 nests they will have a total of 300X2X3 = 1800 young birds to populate their BH every 12 months.

7) Right now they only have about 100 nests and they only need 200 nest more.

8) I can promise about 100 more after the revamp (within 10 months).

9) If they look after their BH properly with no disturbances from predators and burglars they might get the 300 nests within 1.5 years after the revamp operation.


I gave them the assurance that there are at least 16 approved processing centers that are willing to buy their nests.

If they are smart and wanted to expand their business further they can perhaps help to take over other BHs that are in trouble and need some help.

I am willing to help them to expand their swiftlet business once the Lukut BH is proven to be successful.

After the short meeting both decided to go ahead and wanted me to move my workers in early September 2015.

It will be good for them to take their investment to the next level.

I told them that they were very lucky to have stumbled onto Pak Harry.

No comments: