Search This Blog

Monday, July 14, 2014

Lenggong BH: At Last Completed



July 14th 2014, a very important date for the BH owner to remember.

That was the date that Mr Harry completed the revamp operation.

To cut down the cost I recommended to revamp only the top two floors, the 4th and the 3rd floor.

With a dimension of 20 feet by 80 feet, the BH if totally populated it will house about 5,000 to 6,400 nests per floor.

My main objective was to proof how a sick BH can be back to normal.

The BH owner was a very lucky guy.

He met me during a Seminar conducted by UPM at Serdang, Campus.

He told me that he was actually forced to stand in on behalf of his father-in-law who could not attend the talk since he was away in Mecca.

"Pak Harry I was so lucky to be asked to be at your presentation.  If not my BH will be wasted." he claimed.

The most interesting part of the whole story is that there is another BH in the family belonging to his f-i-l that is facing the same fate.

I knew this since the same consultant was engaged for the two BHs.

I remember carrying out an inspection about one year ago.

I am still waiting for the owner to call me to mobilize my workers.

I was told that he wanted my service in October 2014.

Well the Lenggong BH have some very interesting things that I did.




1) The first BH which I installed two hexagonal tweeters at the main entrance hole area.
If you look very carefully at the above picture you can see what I was trying to say.
The shorter unit was just above the main entrance window while the taller unit was at the back part of the monkey house wall.
The front unit was connected to those tweeters installed at the main entrance hole while the taller hexagonal was connected to the last Tango line.
Yes, for this unit I will be playing two external sounds simultaneously.
Current arrangement is to play KPOP at the higher tower while the front is with SuperVac.

2) I opened about 30 new ventilation holes on both floors.
It used to hold only one hole per wall but now you can see three.
Each new hole was fitted with an elbow and an extension pipe.
A wire netting was fitted inside the pipe to prevent any wild birds from building their nests in these new holes.

(Inside the new ventilation holes were added)




BEFORE

AFTER

3) The top most floor now have a VIP room that seems to be very attractive to those birds.  Just before leaving for KL I carry out my last inspection and there were already five birds inside it.
The moment those birds entered the monkey house a set of external sound tweeters were ready to pull them into the top most floor.
The bright light from the main door is block by another partition erected.
Most of the birds will be going straight into the VIP room at the back.
You can imagine why.
Just look at what I provided them inside the VIP room.  Those chocolate tweeters are simple the best.


4) The owner added something extra during my contract negotiation.
He wanted me to add a hole on the floor to direct those birds to fly from the 3rd floor to the second floor.
I told him that the LAL can be done and his wish came trough.


Where I proposed

 This was the LAL dig thru the floor and smoothen.

No comments: